Before we can talk about our process, we must first discuss our values and foundations.
- We believe it's the little things that count
- We are not going to sell something that we won't wear or buy ourselves
- We are of equal concern with not only the finish product, but also how the product was made
- We like to get it right the first time, but we know that we are not perfect, if necessary we will go back to the drawing board, getting it wrong is ok, it's staying wrong that is completely unacceptable
- We listen first, before we try to be heard
Now that we have discussed our values, we can now go into our process
In creating new products we generally look to fill a gap as we want everyone to look and feel beautiful. We also like the idea of things having multi-purposes, such as with our first debut, The Statement Belt™, it's stylish but at the same time, makes a statement as the name implies. Once design is completed, we complete prototypes and then do thorough testing. Testing will involve using various test audiences, utilizing the product in a variety of cases, putting it through several wear and tear scenarios, cleaning/washing as necessary to see how it lasts etc. It's only when it passes all of these various test do we then bring it to the market. By the time it gets into our customers hands it should have already gone through the necessary iterations and be ready for style and purpose.
So there you have it, now you know a little more about what goes on "under the hood". We feel as a new company it's important that our customers learn a bit more about who we are and how we do things.